This Olive and June review highlights a handful of pressing questions about the brand. Learn how to get the best results using this pregnancy safe nail polish that lasts up to 3 weeks.
Getting a manicure can be expensive. Teaching yourself how to do your nails at home is a great way to save money when you’re on a budget.
Finding the right manicure tools isn’t always easy. Fortunately, brands like O&J sell at-home nail kits for you to try. With various influencers sharing Olive and June reviews, it’s a no-brainer to want to try this brand and see what the company has to offer people who are looking for healthier nail care options.
What Is Special About O&J?
Aside from DIY manicure kits, O&J have a variety of 7-free nail polishes that can be used any time of the year. The company was named one of the best non-toxic nail polishes by Allure in September 2021.
Among the O&J nail kits are:
- The Mani System (starting at $50);
- The Pedi System (starting at $60); and
- The Complete System (starting at $105)
You also have the option to create your own nail kit by purchasing the O&J nail tools, such as the Mani Serum Set (cuticle serum and hand serum).
Be sure to keep an eye on the new options available on the company website.
How Long Do O&J Nails Last?
Olive and June nail polishes last up to 5 days — that’s an entire work week!
Although you can extend the life of your nail polish by using a top coat every other day, you’ll want to put on gloves to protect your hands and nails from everyday chores.
Your manicure will last longer with the O&J top coat. In comparison to regular nail polishes, this company’s products are worth the $8-per-bottle.
Does Olive And June Damage Your Nails?
With any nail polish, adding a nail strengthener to your bare nails can be helpful. Nail polish doesn’t allow your nails to breathe and most of the chemicals found in regular nail polishes can be harmful to your body.
Most nail polishes have formaldehyde, which has been noted as a potential cancer-causing substance by the National Cancer Institute.
Unlike gel and other nail polishes, Olive and June is free of this substance, and another 6 harmful chemicals. The complete list and its effects are below:
- Dibutyl phthalate (DBP): This ingredient is what helps minimize chipping of your nail polish. Expecting women should not be exposed to these fumes as it can impair the hormonal development of male fetuses. The state of California classifies the chemical as a reproductive and hormonal toxicant. This is one of the many reasons why you should choose a safe nail polish during pregnancy.
- Toluene: This chemical is used to give nail polishes a smooth, polished look. It can be found in nail polish removers as well. The substance has been linked to neurological damage, immune system toxicity, as well as blood cancers.
- Formaldehyde: Often used to harden nails, formaldehyde is dangerous when inhaled in large doses as it may cause cancer in the throat, nose, and blood. Repeated exposure can cause severe chronic health issues for women.
- Formaldehyde resin: The by-product of using formaldehyde and can cause severe skin irritation, allergic reactions, and depigmentation of the skin.
- Camphor: This ingredient is what gives nail polishes that shine you love. Although its effects aren’t clear, there’s mention of potential organ damage and may cause nausea and discomfort.
- Ethyl tosylamide: Transforming drippy nail polishes into dry surfaces, this ingredient has antibiotic properties and contains antibiotic resistance.
- Xylene: Considered an allergen and possible carcinogen, xylene is what helps prevent your nail polish from getting soft.
In the past, nail polish companies were 3-free and it was considered enough. Now, brands like O&J are upping the ante.
With more consumers asking for healthier alternatives to their favorite beauty products, it’s no wonder companies are listening and creating just that.
Olive and June offer a variety of nail polish shades and nail products to help make at-home nail care easier to the average consumer.
Fairly-priced and easy-to-follow instructions make O&J products worth the investment. Each nail kit provides you with hands-on tips on ways to improve your nail game. The company provides pregnancy safe nail polish options.
These non toxic nail polishes kids can use are even safe for toddler’s hands.
Do You Use A Base Coat With Olive And June?
None of the kits provided on the company website provide a base coat. However, there is a nail strengthener that can be purchased on the side for the price of nail polish ($8).
It’s up to you whether you’d like to pick up the nail strengthener as well, and whether or not you need the product.
If you have weak, brittle nails, then it’s best to add a nail strengthener before applying any O&J nail polish.
There are a number of ways you can get your hands on these products. Here are places where to buy Olive and June nail polish and more:
Final Thoughts On Olive And June Review
You can get the most out of your nail care routine with at-home kits. Not only are the products safer to use on yourself and your family, but you can skip a visit to the salon.
The more you practice with the products, the better you’ll become at using them. There are a variety of options to choose from when it comes to nail polish colors. From seasonal to everyday trends, you can get the most out of your nail care regimen by having patience in the process.
It’ll take some trial and error to perfect, but you can use the YouTube channel for pointers as well as the inserts that come with each online order.
Overall, this Olive and June review is a positive experience. As for the cost of the products, the nail polishes are worth the purchase.
Despite having great nail polishes, most of the nail systems aren’t worth the price. The Pedi System touts having a great food rest, however, the product isn’t sturdy.
Like most at-home nail companies, there are pros and cons to using Olive and June products.
Learning how to perfect the techniques with the company’s tools is important. If not, you will hurt yourself and possibly damage your nail. Be sure to follow the step-by-step instructions that come with each nail system.
If you’re like to learn more about this Olive and June review, be sure to follow along via Instagram.